Benefits of Membership
Benefits of membership include:
• access to historical records
• our own library
• book purchases at member prices
• Field Trips to historic sites
• monthly historical bulletins
• the fellowship of other history enthusiasts
• our regular newsletter
Monthly meetings are held on 3rd Tuesday of the month at Resource Centre, Elizabeth Street Malanda at 7.30pm except for December.
In addition to the usual business, we have a guest speaker who speaks on subjects of interest. Supper is served after meeting.
Everyone is welcome.
Field trips are held to areas of special interest.
Recent trips include visits to:
• Topaz Water Races to historical gold mines
• Unveiling a plaque for Edmund Kennedy
• Boar Pocket area and Robson’s Track
• Tumoulin Township & Jidabal Cultural Centre
• Rocky Creek army hospital site and Barney Springs
• The ‘Tin Rush’ track between Herberton & Watsonville
Application for Membership
We invite you to apply for Eacham Historical Society membership. Subscriptions are due 1st April annually. The cost is $20. for Ordinary or Organisation membership and $15. for Pensioner.
1. Click -> EHS Membership Form to open the Membership form. (55 kb Word .doc)
2. Print out and fill in the form
3. Mail the form and your cheque to the Eacham Historical Society